Activity Coordinator -Internal Vacancy
Full Time / Permanent- Bellavista Nursing Home Cardiff – Cardiff CF10 5GB
Fantastic opportunity for an Activities Coordinator to join
the team at Bellavista Nursing home Cardiff Activities Team
Bellavista Nursing Home Cardiff recruiting for an Activities Coordinator for 37.5 hours per week. You will co-ordinate the daily activities for individual residents, ensuring the activities are flexible and varied to suit all capabilities whilst enhancing residents quality of life. Preference will be given to those candidates who currently working with us.
You’ll pay particular attention to residents’ and relatives requirements and preferences. Working with the management team you’ll maintain and nurture the homes links with the local community, inviting people into the home to join us on occasions such as gala functions, raffles, fetes, coffee mornings and other sponsored activities. The role is fun and varied; no two days are the same and you will be making a positive difference to the physical and intellectual well being of residents in your care.
In this role, we look for personal qualities that match our company values: friendly, kind, individual, reassuring and honest. Other essential qualities are about being flexible and approachable, with excellent communication skills and a fair level of computer and keyboard skills.
Duties & Main Responsibilities:
- To lead and encourage residents to join in meaningful activities whilst maintaining their independence, choice and dignity, to enable them to lead as full and active life as possible. To create a stimulating and varied programme of leisure activities and social events, inside and outside of the home, for residents to enjoy.To ensure that all residents receive some form of social activity each week and residents receive one to one time, particularly those that do not wish to participate in group activities. This should include opportunities within the home and the wider community.
- To liaise with relatives and staff regarding special individual requirements, such as birthdays and anniversaries, cultural and religious festivals and celebrations, and to be aware of the religious calendar that may affect activity pursuits, relevant to the ethnic mix of residents.
- To familiarise and connect with all key community groups whose particular expertise would make an invaluable contribution to the care home. To support any volunteers in their role and ensure they receive appropriate induction, training, supervision and support.
- To formulate and maintain a stimulating programme of activities for groups of residents and for individuals whilst considering residents particular likes and dislikes as appropriate. To produce a weekly programme of activities and social events and ensure it is advertised within the home and communicated to all residents.
- To promote and enhance the existence of the home in the community and encourage the use of communal spaces within the home for groups to meet and hold events.
- To ensure that any special cultural and ethnic requirements in terms of food, worship, festivals and activities, particularly those forbidden by religion or cultural beliefs, are fully considered in the care planning process
- To regularly assess the effectiveness of the social events and activities programme.
- To work as an active team member with your colleagues within the home to ensure the highest standards of care are achieved.
- To undertake any reasonable request which facilitates the resident’s right to choice, dignity and respect.
- Organise activities on daily basis and month basis to suit the needs of individuals and help them enhance their daily living. The activities will help promote individuals’ physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs.
- Know your Service user thoroughly, their venues, contacts, timetables, social scenes, etc
- Personalise service user room with his or her pen picture /families photo frames/or with favourites
- Dealing With all sort of personalities behaviour issues of residence with sensory objects and also help them to improve disabilities through various therapy such as aroma therapy, sensory therapy and relaxation therapy. Example: Hand Massage, Meditation, focusing on a word, simple exercise
- Familiar with Hobbies and interest of our service users
- To establish and foster a relationship of friendship and trust with the individual and his/her family and carers
- More contact info Get in touch with the team or plan a visit to our home, please contact on 02920 494447Job Types: Full-time, Permanent