Job Title: Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Company: Bellavista Group of Nursing Homes
Location: Cardiff & Barry
Job Type: Band 5 and equivalent
Salary: £19 and above (Depending on experience)
Reporting to: Home Manger
Hours of Work: 40 Hr on Weekly Basis
We are currently recruiting for experienced Registered Mental Health Nurses in our Cardiff and Barry Nursing Homes. As a Qualified Registered Mental Nurse (RMN) you will be leading and co-ordinating the shift, providing advice and support to a team of care staff on a daily basis. You will also be professional at all times and conduct your duties with care, consideration and kindness towards others in line with your NMC registration requirements.
You will be working closely with people who are suffering from various mental health conditions to help them recover from their illness and improve their general quality of life. This role includes assessing patients, providing care/support, developing risk assessments, administering medication, managing patient documents and all other general nursing duties. You will be supporting our Cardiff and Barry Nursing Homes .
You will need:
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) with a Valid NMC Registration
- Recent experience working in a mental health and dementia setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team-working skills
- A high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach
- A positive attitude and be naturally caring and compassionate
- A commitment to high-quality care and to values and evidence-based practice
- Mental Health Experience – 2 Year Minimum
- Be part of a large multi-disciplinary team providing safe and effective care for individuals with complex mental illness.
- Act as a key worker
- Observe / respond to patient behaviours on the unit which may include self harm and acts of aggression.
- Formulate risk assessments and care plans to meet individual needs.
- Medication management.
- Act as shift co-ordinator, allocating staff and having the ability to oversee the work of junior staff and colleagues.
- Maintain the safety of patients and staff.
- Ensure good quality of patient documentation which meets regulatory guidance and statutory requirements.
- Work within the NMC Code of Conduct and practice guidelines.
- To assist principally in the continuity and delivering the very highest standard of care as you assess nursing needs, identify and taking the right interventions for every resident who needs you.
- In the absence of a Senior Nurse or Home Manager, whilst on duty, to be responsible for the fabric and running of the Home, ensuring that there are sufficient staff to carry out all duties whilst ensuring the Home continues to provide a safe and secure environment for residents and staff alike, conducive to their general well being
- To demonstrate effective time management and leadership skills and work closely with the Senior Nurse / Manager to develop own managerial skills.
- To ensure procedures are correctly followed and accurate contemporaneous records of care documented and communicated effectively amongst the Care Team at all times.
- To participate in the induction, mentorship, teaching and supervision of care staff to the Home to enhance learning and improve outcomes.
- liaise with the relevant departments and agencies e.g. kitchen, estates, NHS Supplies, pharmacy supplier, ensuring that supplies are available and relevant to the needs of the and are used efficiently.
- To ensure that accountability for and communication of resident’s care is maintained consistently throughout the 24-hour period of care.
- To undertake, in partnership with the resident where ever possible, the assessment of their care needs and develop resultant care plans, evaluating programmes of care as necessary and overseeing transfers of care, e.g. to hospital.
- To actively supervise and monitor care practices, identifying and responding appropriately to the changing needs of residents to ensure that care needs are consistently met.
- To undertake all appropriate aspects of nursing care required, including advanced clinical skills having gained the appropriate training and supervision.
- To assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet, and help with mobility problems, physical disabilities including Incontinence; help in the use of and care of aids and equipment.
- To organise and help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents talking to them, through activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Above all, it’s about ensuring our residents are at the core of everything you do, care for residents who are sick or needing, for example, administration of medication etc. and care for residents who are dying.
- You’ll also supervise colleagues, manage shifts and make sure flawless handover summaries are completed to ensure continuity of care. it’s all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. You’ll be a great mentor who can manage time effectively and keep meaningful records
- Only Direct Candidates & No Agencies Please
We offer consistent support, training and professional development and we look to ensure that our Nurses do what they love. There are also career development opportunities. If you have the aspiration, capability and dedication, we can give you the support and opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19 and above (Depending on experience)